Guarana is an effective energy booster, it contains about twice the caffeine found in coffee beans. The caffeine in it boosts energy, metabolism and promotes appetite suppression. Thereby, helping the body burn a larger amoun of fat easily, resulting in fat loss. For athletes it is used as a natural aid to maintain peak performance, by promoting sustained energy release.
- Native to Northern Brazil and Venezuela.
- The fruit seed is a central nervous system that stimulant with thermogenic and diuretic properties.
- Promoted in the health food industry, as a weight loss agent and a smoking cessation aid.
- It is an astringent, containing tannic acid.
- Also believed to be an aphrodisiac and used to protect from malaria and dysentery.
- Relive pains – Guarana extract helps in reducing painful symptoms such as migraine, headache and rheumatism.
- Boosts mental abilities- Guarana improves the memory and cognitive function and stabilizes the mood with clear mind and helps in focus on thought.
- Blood thinning, anti-platelet activity, anti-thrombosis – Guarana extract contains caffeine and catechins, epicatechines that might be responsible for anti-platelet aggregatory activity. These substances decreases the risk of thrombosis, cardiovascular disease and cleanse the blood, keep it from becoming “sticky” and forming clots.